I was lucky enough to go to the Fawley Hill Steam Charity Festival this year on Sunday 19th May 2014 and what a day it was! For all those that have a passion in steam engines, this is the festival to go to. Although you can go the whole weekend from Friday to Sunday, I only went on Sunday. Here is a glimpse at the things that happened on Sunday with a whole bunch of pictures of everything that I saw! Although it was for full-size steam engines, there was a section dedicated to model engines where I saw the one and only Mamod steam engine: an FE1 fire engine! Try and spot it in the below pictures:
- There were camels!
- The parachutist who dressed as the Queen for the London 2012 Olympics jumped from a helicopter and parachuted in.
- There was air displays from a stunt plane and the two-seater Spitfire flown by Carolyn Grace.
- Lots and lots of traction engines, steam wagons and cars!
- A full-size train was running throughout the day.
- There was a fun fair section with dodgems, wheel etc.
- A live band playing throughout the whole day.
Also, for an update on the RestoringMamods.com book, I have currently completed around 60% of the book...it will be published soon!